Mountain Biking Highlight
The history of this Bock mill begins in 1566, when the princely Cammer leased the then near Lesse standing mill together with a neighboring mill in Osterlinde to a miller. In 1770, the miller Johann Peter Berking from Salder acquired the mills for hereditary interest. His son Johann Friedrich Berking had a watermill built in Osterlinde in 1793 and one of the two windmills, the Osterlinder, was demolished. In 1813/14 Berkings had the Lesser mill rebuilt and in 1841 replaced the Erbzins for the water and the windmill.
In 1878, Friedrich Berking moved the Bockwindmühle to Osterlinde close to his watermill. After his death, the widow sold in 1888 both mills to the Müller Söchtig from Lesse. The relatively small mill was equipped with a grinding and Mehlsichter.
In 1941 the company Blume & Oppermann bought the two mills, renewed the wings of the windmill in 1964, but shut down both mills in 172 and sold them to Ernst Froböse in 1974. In 1978, he donated the wind turbine of the city of Salzgitter, which was dismantled in 1984 and initially set up for some time at the Hannover industrial fair. In its restored state, the mill was finally built by the autumn of 1984 at the Museum Schloss Salder and has since been visited as a working monument.
June 4, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!