At the site of a much smaller predecessor, the Hofmannsweiher in its current extent (16 ha) was built by the year 1668th Since the formerly much higher pent up Dreifelder pond caused floods in Dreifelden repeatedly, was established in 1744 a connecting channel between Dreifelder pond and Hofmannsweiher.With this "flood ditch", water could flow out of the Dreifelder Weiher during snowmelt or heavy precipitation, without having to operate the difficult-to-use drainage devices. The canal was filled when the Dreifelder Weiher was lowered to its present size around 1840.
November 5, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!