Bike Touring Highlight
The Niederemmendinger Tor is the only one of the original four city gates that has been preserved. A toll was levied here until the middle of the 19th century, the taking of which was part of the city's rights. The right archway was only added in 1929, this is indicated by the Roman number MCMXXIX.
In the Galerie im Tor there are temporary exhibitions of contemporary art from the fields of painting, drawing, photography and sculpture.
Karl-Friedrich-Strasse was laid out in 1757 as a new suburb by margravial decree. The district court building, 300 m away, served as the official residence of the governors.
April 13, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!