The Saint Salvator Basilica is located in Prüm, a town in the western Eifel.In 721, the Franconian noble Bertrada founded a monastery with monks from Echternach on their possessions on the Prüm. 752 was a second founding by King Pippin, who had married a granddaughter of the first founder, with monks from Meaux near Paris, who lived under the rule of St. Benedict.In 1222, the monastery became the center of an independent principality, which was annexed in 1576 by the Elector of Trier. Abtsverwalter was henceforth the Elector and Archbishop of Trier. Since 1721, the new building of the abbey building. As part of the Napoleonic secularization, the abbey was finally repealed in 1802.Prüm, which initially belonged to the original parish of Rommersheim, was cared for by the Marienstift since the middle of the 15th century. The Marienstift was founded in 1016 by the Prüm abbot Urold. The collegiate church became parish church. 1802, the monastery church parish church, the collegiate church was demolished in 1826.
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!