Holthausen is a small farming community that belongs to Brochterbeck. This place
is not only very idyllic, but also pious in a special way, because it is here
the forest chapel Holthausen. Kaplan Plietker laid the foundation stone of this chapel,
who worked there from 1929 to 1934.
He was close to the “Apostolic Movement” of Schoenstatt, which promoted the Marian
unites honor with the claim to take responsibility as a Christian and
to shape the world as Christian as possible. This movement should be the most dusty of the times
give the acting church a modern face and inspire the young.
It was important to Kaplan Plietker to support the young people, contrary to the beliefs of the
National Socialism in the Third Reich to bind as closely as possible to the Church.
That the chaplain was not unsuccessful with his request is shown alone
the existence of the forest chapel, that of young people and craftsmen
was built by the Kolping family in 1934/35. Even an oil refinery opened in 1943
still to be built and put into operation.
It is believed that the worship of war kept misfortune away from Holthausen
Has. Even now, a district May prayer is held every year by the col-
ping family Brochterbeck (Ibbenbüren district) in the forest chapel.
July 28, 2021
"The Maria Wegweiserin chapel was built by Brochterbeck's Catholic youth in 1934/35 on the property of the Stallmeier family. It was consecrated on August 18, 1935 on the Assumption of Mary.
Whole buses with believers used to drive up at weddings, and May services were held here. This Catholic tourism has subsided, but the magic of the small chapel is still very much present today. Whoever walks past the chapel will also stop and possibly light a candle. There are holders for 50 tea lights here, the majority are almost always in use. More than 6000 such tea lights are lit here every year ... "(wanderlogbuch.de/teutoschleife-tecklenburger-bergpfad)
January 24, 2021
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!