The first written mention of the Protestant parish church of Wolfterode dates back to 1334. The three-sided closed choir was consecrated in 1515. The interior of the church surprises with a rich star vault and figural keystones depicting scenes from the Apocalypse of John. Below the church is the walled meadow with a preserved stone table from the former court. In addition to the linden tree, which was designated as a natural monument in 1936, there are other surrounding linden trees on the square. Because of its artistic, historical and urban significance, the entire ensemble is listed.
June 3, 2021
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!