Mountain Biking Highlight
The first written mention of the court Meyer zu Heepen comes from a tithe donation of the Paderborn Bishop Meinwerk to the monastery Busdorf. The farm Meyer zu Heepen was thus one of the first Heeper farms and thus part of the origin of Heepen. The farm belonged to Lippischer possession why Heepen was also referred to as Lippischer Ort 1409.
After years of border disputes, the borders were contracted for the first time in 1491 and the farm belonged to the Lippe region. After exchange of some farms, the court was Meyer to Heepen from 1787 on ravensberg-Prussian soil.
The old part and the half-timbered building of the court were built in the 18th century, the year 1808 on the storage building bears witness to its construction year. The manor house (Heeper Str. 362) was built in 1851 in classicist style sandstone.
A half-timbered building and the old part of the court were destroyed by bombs in 1944. The entire yard was formerly surrounded by a force, parts of which are still recognizable today.
The farm also includes a watermill, which was first mentioned in writing in 1711, but presumably existed much longer. Around 1800, the half-timbered part of today's mill was built, the solid component was completed shortly before the Second World War. The half-timbered building is now used as a residential building.
September 12, 2017
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!