Bike Touring Highlight
The Maria Hilf Chapel on the Alb belongs to the district of Grünwinkel and to the parish of St. Josef of the Pastoral Care Unit Karlsruhe-Südwest. Mostly it is closed and not accessible to the public. Anyone who would like to marvel at them from the inside, however, would like to commend the Open Monument Day (always on the second Sunday of September), when it opens its doors.
June 9, 2019
The Catholic chapel was built in 1759 in the then village of Grünwinkel the Margraviate of Baden-Baden. At the same place a wooden chapel had already been built in 1713, which made way for the new building. Until Pentecost 1909 she was used for the service. Then her demolition was planned because it was a hindrance in their location. However, the Sinner family (see also brewery Sinner) financed in 1913 the move of the chapel from the Durmersheimer road to its place on the high bank of the Alb, and so the chapel could be saved.In 1977, the original Altrarbild was stolen and has since disappeared. It was replaced by a print. [Ka.stadtwiki.net]
March 2, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!