Bike Touring Highlight
The pilgrimage church Birnau is a baroque church dedicated to Mary on the north shore of Lake Constance between the villages Nußdorf and Uhldingen-Mühlhofen in Baden-Württemberg. The church is located in Birnau on the west route of the Upper Swabian Baroque Road directly on the B 31st It was built from 1746 to 1749 by the Vorarlberg architect Peter Thumb for the Imperial Salem. The church received a rich Baroque decor with frescoes by Gottfried Bernhard Göz as well as stucco, altars and sculptures by Joseph Anton Feuchtmayer, whose best known is the Honigschlecker, a putto with beehive. The church building in front of the order with the striking bell tower today houses a priory of the Cistercian Abbey Wettingen-Mehrerau. Since 1946 she is also parish church of the villages Deisendorf and Nußdorf.de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wallfahrtskirche_Birnau
October 10, 2019
Idyllic and directly on the north shore of Lake Constance lies the pilgrimage church Birnau between the communities Nussdorf and Uhldingen-Mühlhofen. The beautiful Baroque church dedicated to Mary attracts many thousands of visitors each year and enchants them with its baroque splendor - these include the church and monastery building erected by Peter Thumb (1681-1766), frescoes by Gottfried Bernhard Göz (1708-1774) and stucco work , Altars and sculptures by Josef Anton Feuchtmayer (1696-1770).mehrerau.at/de/prioriat-birnau
October 19, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!