Bike Touring Highlight
The Evangelical Lutheran St. Katharinenkirche in Kesselsdorf (namesake is Katharina von Alexandria) was built in Gothic style in 1562. It was the parish church for Braunsdorf, Niederhermsdorf, Oberhermsdorf, Kohlsdorf, Kleinopitz and Wurgwitz, and later also for Kaufbach, Zöllmen and Unkersdorf. From 1723 to 1725 it was rebuilt in baroque style under the direction of George Bähr. After the Reformation in Saxony, the population of Kesselsdorf was predominantly Evangelical-Lutheran. Of the 885 inhabitants who lived in the village in 1925, 851 were Evangelical Lutheran, seven Catholic and 27 of other or no religion. Today Kesselsdorf is part of the St. Katharinen parish of Kesselsdorf, to which the Grumbacher Church also belongs.
In the church there are also testimonies of the battle of Kesselsdorf.Source: de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kesselsdorf#Katharinenkirche
January 1, 2021
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!