Bike Touring Highlight
The imperial abbey of Ochsenhausen was a Benedictine monastery from 1090 to 1803, which belonged to the Swabian imperial circle. With an area of 255 square kilometers and almost 9,000 subjects at the time of its greatest expansion, the territory comprised around 20 percent of today's Biberach district. It bordered in the west on the free imperial city of Biberach, in the south on the imperial abbey Schussenried and the secular territory of Waldburg-Zeil, in the east on the imperial abbey Rot an der Rot and in the north on Laupheim. With the Tannheim Office, the monastery had an enclave in the middle of the area of the Reich Abbey of Rot an der Rot.
July 14, 2017
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!