Bike Touring Highlight
The romantic water mill at the entrance to Niederbergheim originally dates from 1551. In 1960, the grinding operation was stopped. In 1982, the Pohl couple acquired the entire property, which had been uninhabited for 20 years and was in a corresponding condition. First the water power plant was repaired, then the house that belonged to the sawmill and finally the old mill with the miller's apartment. The result was so convincing that the mill was listed as a technical monument after completion.
In order to "breathe life" into the mill again, Annette Pohl opened a gallery for arts and crafts in 1983 in the grinding room with a millstone, two old grinding chairs and remains of the transmission.
September 22, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!