The Semper Forest Park near Lietzow covers approx. 38 hectares, is part of the Semper Heide and was built around 1920 when the castle was built. In its eventful history, the palace and forest park were used as a paramilitary training facility from 1963 to 1990, and the once imposing and aesthetic park elements fell into disrepair or were overgrown by trees.
The Landschaftspflegeverband Ostrügen e.V. restored this forest park from 2000 to 2002 based on the historical model.
The cascade ponds, which were very heavily muddy, were restored with great effort. They catch the rainwater from the surrounding heights. There is a small island with two 100 year old oaks, to which a wooden bridge leads. The drainage takes place via a fieldstone channel in the Great Jasmunder Bodden. These ponds are of great importance as amphibian spawning waters.
February 29, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!