In 1811, according to the plans of "mechanic" Franz Besetzny, the first ferry was put into operation, which was to become a true institution of the palace complex. Even today, the ferry is on duty during the season and transports park visitors to the "small treasure house Austria" - the Franzensburg.
Today's ferry was built in 1964 and, of course, contrary to the first ferry, is fully electronically controlled. Nothing has changed in the basic technology, the two driving ropes and the pull rope, even after more than 200 years. And Franzensburg would simply be inconceivable today without this attraction.
November 5, 2017
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!