The castle was built around the year 1100 either by the lords of Türkheim, or by the Counts of Helfenstein, which they also served. The Türkheimer local nobility is first documented in 1107. The castle was abandoned after 1200. Today's fort of the square, 28 by 33 meter large castle shows on the southeast and on the northeast side still 0.7 meters high wall remains. The two remaining sides fall steeply to the valley of the Rötelbach.
June 7, 2017
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!