The Tilly Oak is a place of memory of Count von Tilly, a military leader of the Catholic League and the imperial troops in the Thirty Years War. In pursuit of the Duke of Braunschweig-Wolfenbüttel, his soldiers pitched their camp on June 20, 1623 in the forest near Obernfeld.
The only reminder of the oak from back then is a tree torso, in which a new, young oak is now growing.
August 25, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!