Ahauser Mühle was first mentioned in 1694. Then as now, the mill belonged to an imposing estate.The half-timbered previous building was replaced in 1901 by a “modern” brick building. The mill received its drive energy from the Auebach, which was built into a 3 hectare pond.The mill's water wheel was replaced relatively early on by a powerful turbine, which was also used to generate electricity in 1919. In 1974 the mill was finally stopped.Today the Ahauser Mühle, with its storehouses, barns, residential buildings, office buildings and stables has become an impressive ensemble of monuments and a popular destination.
September 4, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.