The Ketzel mill on the Netzschkau corridor was mentioned for the first time in 1464 and belonged to the Netzschkau lordship until 1840. In 1840 the then tenant Johann Christoph Ketzel bought the grain mill. The subsequent millers in the family relied again and again on modernization and technical progress, but also had to cope with setbacks. The mill, which was rebuilt after a fire in 1883, burned down to its foundations in 1903 and was then replaced by the building that is still standing today. In 1913 the mill received a siding on the Mylau-Lengenfeld railway line, which could be used until 1971. The grain mill was in operation until 1991, and since 1996 the Ketzel family has been using the building and the area for tourist and cultural purposes.
For further reading: "From the mill to the factory" collective of authors under the direction of Friedrich Machold and Wolfgang Viebahn, Reichenbach im Vogtland 2013.
August 20, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.