High baroque palace complex from the 18th century, once a summer residence in front of the city, built for a court of around 1,000 people. On the city side to the east with a large court of honor and a wide roundabout with so-called cavalier buildings. Garden side to the west with an originally baroque park that was later landscaped. A special ensemble of architecture and garden art that counts around 300,000 visitors every year.
The first revolutionary government founded the Bavarian Palace Administration in 1918, which has been based in the south wing of Nymphenburg Palace for many years and manages 45 palaces and castles and 27 gardens and parks from here - with 1,000 employees throughout Bavaria. schloesser.bayern.de
November 7, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.