Bike Touring Highlight (Segment)
The railway line Neustadt (Aisch) -Demantsfürth -Uehlfeld (also called Aischtalbahn, but not to be confused with the Aischgrundbahn) joined the market Uehlfeld in the Bavarian government district Mittelfranken with Neustadt an der Aisch on the main railway Nuremberg-Würzburg.The Bavarian State Railway opened the operation on the single-track, standard gauge local railway through the Aischgrund on July 12, 1904. Starting from the station Neustadt (Aisch) station, the line in northeast direction first to the station Neustadt (Aisch) city (km 1.5) and then along the river to the Uehlfelder district Demantsfürth, where the terminus was created, about two kilometers from the center of Uehlfeld. An extension down the valley to Höchstadt on the Aisch and thus a continuous connection to Forchheim never came about.Diespeck, Gutenstetten and Dachsbach were agent-occupied stops. The number of pairs of trains rose from three in 1904 to four in 1914; this extent was reached again in 1939. After the Second World War, the route was better served: in 1950 there were six, on Saturdays even seven, on Sundays four trains.As the German Federal Railroads more and more restricted the operation of their branch lines, also in the seventies, the rail traffic was reduced here on trips on weekdays, and on May 30, 1976 came the end for passenger traffic, which was subsequently replaced by train busses. Freight traffic lasted until 23 September 1993; At the end of 1993, the official shutdown followed.The rails were dismantled and the trains replaced by buses from Neustädter station to Uehlfeld and back. On parts of the old route runs today the Aischtalradweg.
July 11, 2017
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.