Bike Touring Highlight
The castle is located very well off the beaten track and can be seen surrounded by moats. Also interesting, a little further
past the castle on the left an old abandoned cemetery, on the
at that time the noblemen from the castle were buried, as well as one
Monument of the sunken knight, legendary associated with the devil
and pursued escaped prisoners from the dungeon, until the former
The marsh of the Rur pulled him into the depths.
April 21, 2018
The original owner of the Kellenberg fortress was initially Mr. Edmund von Barmen and subsequently Gerhard Mulart von Hullhoven. By marrying his daughter it came to Wilhelm von Wevelinghoven the Hereditary Marshal of Cologne in 1429, then Scheiffardt von Merode, under whom the current complex was built in the 15th and 16th centuries.
January 19, 2021
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!