In 1183 the place was mentioned for the first time in documents: "Knight Udo transfers the Abbey to be owned by his chapel at Remelinrode as a wax-interest." Amt Beyenburg.
The church building that still exists today was completed in 1745, and construction began in 1743.
The small town is the eponymous center of a 700-member Protestant parish, which underlines the regional historical importance of Remlingrade.
March 26, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!