Mountain Biking Highlight
This tree was first mentioned in 1592 by Henry IV of Sayn.
By his decree the deceased became
Catholics from Freusburg to Niederfischbach
buried in the churchyard next to the old parish church.
The deceased Protestant Christians were buried in the chapel cemetery in Freusburg.
When the porters reached that spot and made the most difficult stretch, they put the caskets under the old beech.
Here then the carrier change took place. The Freusburger carriers took over the coffins of the Niederfischbacher and vice versa.
Hats off to the porters who had to carry this far.
September 4, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.