Bike Touring Highlight
The mill district, around the Bischofsmühle, has now been upgraded with the new World Heritage Visitor Center (from May 2019).
Opening Hours: Open from 10am to 6pm during the summer months (April to October) and from 11am to 4pm during the winter months (November to March).
Admission is free.
April 23, 2019
The upper bridge was originally a three-arched sandstone bridge, one pillar of which formed the foundation of the gate tower of the Old Town Hall; the oldest of the Bamberg bridges was designed by Hans Vorchheimer in 1453/56. The lower bridge is more recent, for the first time in 1739 a bridge was built here according to plans by Balthasar Neumann.
April 9, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!