The first castle in Bodman was built in 1757. In 1760 the noble family of the Counts of Bodman moved from Espasingen Castle to Bodman Castle. The present castle was built in 1831/32 by Johann Baptist Wehrle (1791-1857) and was expanded in 1907/09 by Emanuel von Seidl with the south-east and south-west wing.
Bodman Castle is a simple building with corner projections in the Weinbrenner style. It is privately owned and is still inhabited by Count Wilderich von und zu Bodman, son of Johann Nikolaus Freiherr von und zu Bodman. Only the castle park, a spacious English park that dates back to the 18th century, can be visited.
June 17, 2021
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!