Mountain Biking Highlight
Old boundary stone between Wald-Michelbacher Cent, Kurpfalz and Kurmainz. The historic “three march” from 1792 is one of the most valuable in the Odenwald. On one side is the double-headed eagle of the old empire of the German nation (hence the name "Adlerstein"). The letters G and B carved on the right and left of the heraldic animal were added after 1806 and mean the Grand Duchy of Baden. They stand for the Schönauer Kameralwald, which connects to the southwest.
On the other two sides of the stone are the Mainz wheel with the letters G and H for the Grand Duchy of Hesse (Kurmainz), and the coat of arms of Wald-Michelbach, the rust of St. Laurentius with the letters W and C for Wald-Michelbacher Cent. “Ge-lait-stein” is on the head of the boundary stone, indicating that it was also the limit of escort protection for merchants from the Palatinate.
In the past there were plots of Schönbrunn citizens. But they were too far away from the settlement, which is why after the Second World War the Haselhecke area was cleared and then the plots there were exchanged for those at the Adlerstein. Popularly, the Americans in the area also helped out with their tanks during the clearing.
March 21, 2017
Near by ,, Adlerstein´´
fourth-order administrative division Wald-Michelbach, Abtsteinach, Heddesbach, Heiligkreuzsteinach
farm Seckenrain, Lichtenklinger Hof, cow blades, mill blades
hill Götzenstein, Hard Berg, Eichköpfel, Lannertskopf
mountain Bußkopf, Rinke, Leonhardsberg, Bocksberg, Stillfüssel, Viehkopf, Stiefelhöhe, Geisberg, Hardberg, Kottenberg, Toten Mann
populated place Hinterheubach, Holmbach, Corsica, Ober-Abtsteinach, Aschbach, Spechtbach, Unter-Abtsteinach, Ludwigsdorf, Mackenheim, Ober Schönmattenwag, Kreidach, Frankel, Unter Schönmattenwag, Schönbrunn, Strasbourg, Flockenbusch, Siedelsbrunn, Brombach
seat of a fourth-order administrative division Heiligkreuzsteinach, Heddesbach, Wald-Michelbach
populated locality Eiterbach
ridge (s) Adlerstein
ruin (s) ruin Harpfenburg
tower Hardberg Transmission Tower
March 31, 2017
Here is a copy of the three-march "Adlerstein". The original can be admired in the Heimatmuseum in Wald-Michelbach.
About the story: “This three-armed man who underwent the interim rule of Karl Theodor von der Pfalz
documented about the 'Holy Kingdom of the German Nation' is one of the
most valuable boundary stones in the Odenwald. On one side of the stone is the double-headed eagle of the old empire (hence the name "Adlerstein"). We read the inscription 'Tem.Vicaria' (tempore
vicariatus = at the time of the deputy) and under the coat of arms the year 1792.
The letters G and B carved on the right and left of the heraldic animal were added after 1806 and mean Grand Duchy
To bathe. On the other two sides of the stone are
on the one hand the Mainz bike with the letters G H for Grand Duchy
Hessen, and on the other hand the coat of arms of Wald-Michelbach, the rust of St. Laurentius with the letters W C for 'Wald-Michelbach Cent'.
On the head of the boundary stone there is 'Ge-lait-stone', an indication that
this boundary stone was also the limit of escort protection for merchants. "
April 7, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!