Huckenbach is mentioned in a document as early as 1312. In 1715 Erich Philipp Ploennies recorded the court as Huckenbec in his work Topographia Ducatus Montani. The origin of the name is suspected in the Low German word "Hucke", which means toad or toad.
The building in the center of the village was built in 1753 for the entrepreneur Peter Erbschlö. The two surrounding half-timbered houses were built during the 19th century.
In 1832 Huckenbach belonged to the Holthauser Rotte in the rural outskirts of the city of Ronsdorf. The place, categorized as a hamlet according to the statistics and topography of the Düsseldorf administrative district, had eight residential buildings and five agricultural buildings at that time. At that time, 81 people lived in the place, 17 Catholic and 64 Protestant faith. In the municipality encyclopedia for the province of Rhineland from 1888, six houses with 87 inhabitants are given.
2 days ago
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.