Mountain Biking Highlight
In 1882, the first Jamtal hut was built as an unmanaged summer base for alpinists by the Swabia section of the German Alpine Club. Due to increasing visitor numbers, the hut was expanded in 1896 and 1907. In the following 1920s there was an increasing demand for ski tours in winter. Therefore, the hut was extensively modernized between 1929 and 1932. Increased touring in summer and winter often led to overcrowding.
The old components were therefore demolished in 1978, but also because of their dilapidation, and a new hut section including new water supply and disposal as well as improved access was built. From then on, the hut was a permanent training center of the German Alpine Club. In 2007 the Jamtalhütte celebrated its 125th anniversary. The Jamtalhütte has been lovingly catered for by the Lorenz family for four generations.
May 30, 2017
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.