Bike Touring Highlight
As early as 1929, for reasons of water management, it was planned to stow the Ruhr between Haus Herbede and Haus Kemnade. First, the later lakeside were created by piling sheet piles into the ground. Within three years, 3 million cubic meters of earth - the later spoil range - were mined and a weir was built on the south bank. In the middle of 1980, the basin had run dry and the opening of the lake was celebrated on September 18, 1980 with a festival for water sports. In the spring of 2010 was then the start of construction of the power plant and October 2011, the completion. The power is about 3.5 million kilowatt hours annually and provides the energy converted for about 1200 households.
March 4, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!