Bike Touring Highlight
Originally there was an alluvial forest on the Rhine between the Bonn district of Gronau and the Bad Godesberg district of Plittersdorf, which was greatly reduced by straightening and making the river navigable. The Rhine promenade was expanded to the Rhine floodplain area in Gronau in the 19th century. In 1901 a Bismarck tower and a town hall called a “beer church” were built there. The alluvial forest later gave way completely to agricultural use.
September 18, 2021
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!