Bike Touring Highlight
The Zollhaus-Blumberg train station was built in 1889 and was initially only accessible from the south. A year later, the Wutach Valley Railway was connected to the Black Forest Railway near Immendingen and thus completed. Since the train station still stands on a raised bog, it was built on 224 spruce piles. These are 25 cm thick and 4 m deep.Daily passenger traffic on the Wutach Valley Railway was finally discontinued on January 1, 1976 for reasons of profitability. Despite numerous efforts to reactivate daily passenger traffic, this goal has not yet been implemented.In 1977, one year after regular passenger traffic was discontinued, a museum railway, now well-known nationwide, was put into operation on the middle section of the Weizen-Blumberg-Zollhaus, which carried over two million passengers by 2006.At the 2004/2005 timetable change on December 11, 2004, the so-called “3-Ringzug”, a S-Bahn-like service in the Tuttlingen districts, was introduced in the northern section of the Blumberg-Zollhaus-Hintschingen section, which is also called the Aitrach Valley Railway after the Aitrach River , Rottweil and Schwarzwald-Baar. Since then there has been a regular service in local rail passenger transport on part of the Wutach Valley Railway. At the same time, the Zollhaus-Blumberg station was renamed the Blumberg-Zollhaus for better orientation.
June 22, 2021
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!