From 1806 to 1816, the small octagonal Vitter shore chapel was built, it is the romantic landmark of the place. The reason for the construction was the shore sermons of the Altenkirchen pastor Ludwig Gotthard Kosegarten, the influx of visitors found in bad weather no more space in the small fishermen's huts, so it was decided to build this church modesty.
February 5, 2017
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!