Mühle in Upgant-Schott mit Müllerknechthaus

Bike Touring Highlight

Recommended by 26 out of 27 cyclists

Tips

  • Johanna

    The mill is the landmark of Upgant-Schott and is managed by the local mill association, which is also responsible for the restoration of the mill and miller's house.The mill can be visited from May to October every 1st Saturday of the month from 15 to 17 o'clock. In addition to the tour, there is also coffee, tea and Krintstuut (East Frisian raisin bread).

    translated byView Original
    • 05/03/2018

  • Seahunter

    The predecessor of today's windmill "Sterrenberg" in Upgant-Schott came from the year 1569. This was a windmill, which stood until 1880 and was demolished after the completion of today's mill. The three-storey, then still covered with thatched Dutch mill burned in 1934 down to the stump, but was rebuilt in the same year. In 1991, the mill was shut down. The mill association Upgant-Schott and the last miller master August Brüderle made sure that the mill was renovated and today visitors are open for inspection. A servant's house (outbuilding) can also be visited. It also serves as a wedding room of the registry office Marienhafe.season
    May 5 to October 6
    opening hours
    Every Sat 15:00 - 17:00 and by appointment with Mr Janssen, Tel. 0 49 34/52 23 or Ms Claassen, Tel. 0 49 34/72 77.
    Other Information
    Accessibility:    by appointment the facility is also suitable for a larger group of guests with wheelchairs
        The mill guides and the club members are able to assist handicapped guests. It is a personal care of the guests offered.
    address
    Mühlenloog
    26529 Marienhafe (Upgant-Schott)
    phone
    0 49 34/52 23
    e-mail
    alfred.janssen @ web.de
    Contact persons
    Mr. Alfred Janssen
    (Source: Ostfriesland Tourismus GmbH)

    translated byView Original
    • 12/06/2016

  • L🅾️kTom

    Until 1569, the history of the mill can be traced back to Upgant-Schott. The wooden windmill was demolished in 1880 after completion of today's windmill. The three-story Gallery Dutchman with Windrose, Müller and Maschinenhaus has been family owned since 1717. In 1934, the mill burned down to the stone foundation, but was rebuilt in the same year. Mühlenbauer Harders from Emden used the octagon of a mill from Bad Zwischenahn. The mill has a passage, the total height is about 23.50 m, the gallery height about 9.70 m. The wing system exists since 1968 again as originally also from four sail gate wings. By 1910, the mill had two sail gate and Venetian blind wings, later four blinds. The wing diameter, also called flight, is about 22.50 m. The top of the mill and the mill cap originally had a reed cover, which was replaced by a sheet metal cover in 1934 after the fire. In the mill top this was replaced in 1996 against roofing felt.The mill technology is still available and functional. "Sterrenbergs mill", also known as "Schottjer mill" or "mill Brüderle", is still in operation today with wind power. As a secondary drive she has since 1954 an electric motor. Interior inspection possible. 04934/5223In July 1991, the "mill association Upgant-Schott e.V." was founded, which has written itself as a tenant preserving the mill and outbuildings on the flags.Source:
    niedersaechsische-muehlenstrasse.de/index.php?id=501

    translated byView Original
    • 31/08/2018

  • L🅾️kTom

    Until 1569, the history of the mill can be traced back to Upgant-Schott. The wooden windmill was demolished in 1880 after completion of today's windmill. The three-story Gallery Dutchman with Windrose, Müller and Maschinenhaus has been family owned since 1717. In 1934, the mill burned down to the stone foundation, but was rebuilt in the same year. Mühlenbauer Harders from Emden used the octagon of a mill from Bad Zwischenahn. The mill has a passage, the total height is about 23.50 m, the gallery height about 9.70 m. The wing system exists since 1968 again as originally also from four sail gate wings. By 1910, the mill had two sail gate and Venetian blind wings, later four blinds. The wing diameter, also called flight, is about 22.50 m. The top of the mill and the mill cap originally had a reed cover, which was replaced by a sheet metal cover in 1934 after the fire. In the mill top this was replaced in 1996 against roofing felt.The mill technology is still available and functional. "Sterrenbergs mill", also known as "Schottjer mill" or "mill Brüderle", is still in operation today with wind power. As a secondary drive she has since 1954 an electric motor. Interior inspection possible. 04934/5223In July 1991, the "mill association Upgant-Schott e.V." was founded, which has written itself as a tenant preserving the mill and outbuildings on the flags.niedersaechsische-muehlenstrasse.de/index.php?id=501

    translated byView Original
    • 31/08/2018

In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!

or
Sign Up With Email

Top Touring Cycling Routes Featuring the Highlight ‘Mühle in Upgant-Schott mit Müllerknechthaus’

Location: around Upgant-Schott, Aurich, East Frisia, Lower Saxony, Germany

Helpful Information

  • Elevation40 m

Most Visited During

  • Jan
  • Feb
  • Mar
  • Apr
  • May
  • Jun
  • Jul
  • Aug
  • Sep
  • Oct
  • Nov
  • Dec

Weather Forecast - Upgant-Schott