The Wartburg Pforzheim was built in the 14th or 15th century on the Wartberg and was a former fortification and signal tower, which served as a monitoring post of the Pforzheimer city fortification. The tower was surrounded by a complete ring wall with loopholes and accessible only by ladders, before it was restored in 1869 and provided with door and stairs.To visit the key is required at the tower data needed. Turmpate is the tenant of the nearby restaurant L'Osteria in Wartbergallee 100.
December 15, 2016
Just east of the water tower is the Wartturm, a built in the 14th or 15th century observation and signal tower of the former Pforzheim city fortification. The watchtower is surrounded by an incomplete ring wall with loopholes, was built as a prospective observation post of the medieval city fortification. The wide panorama enabled every enemy approach to be recognized early on. The 11 m high round tower only has a wall thickness of 110 cm and an inside diameter of 2.5 m. In 1869 it was renovated and the current spiral staircase installed. In 1975 it was again repaired and roofed.
May 4, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!