Bike Touring Highlight
The main building was built in Renaissance style at the end of the 16th century. After destruction in the Thirty Years War, it was in the years of 1690-1700, the Baroque reconstruction with the present roof truss. It received its current appearance in 1905 in the style of historicism. After the end of the Second World War, it served as a summer camp, among other things. In 1974, the towers were shortened to take the castle-like appearance. After reunification, the renovation started in 1996 and ended in 2015. Today there are exhibitions and apartments in it. There are also cultural events. In the coach house next to the castle is a restaurant.
February 21, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.