Bike Touring Highlight
Maxlrain was mentioned in a document under the name Mahsminreini in the 9th century as the property of the Freising Bishop. In the 12th century, the Lords of Maxlrain are mentioned as the owners of the Lords of Beyharting Abbey. In 1516 they acquired the imperial direct rule of Waldeck with the main town of Miesbach. In 1523, Wolf von Maxlrain had the feudal sovereignty of the Freising Bishop transferred to his seat in Maxlrain over his rule of Wallenburg.In 1734, after the death of the last Maxlrainer, Johann Joseph Maximilian Veit, the Maxlrainer regular property came to the Imperial Count Max von Rheinstein-Tattenbach. The Counts of Rheinstein-Tattenbach died out in 1821. In 1822, a year after the Hofmark had been transformed into a patrimonial court, the Counts of Arco on Valley inherited the Maxlrain property. In 1848 the court stamps came to an end with an administrative reform in the Kingdom of Bavaria. Before the Second World War, the Counts of Hohenthal acquired the castle and estate, as well as the brewery and malt house. Today it is owned by Christina Princess Lobkowicz, née Countess von Hohenthal und Bergen, who is married to Prince Erich von Lobkowicz.
Source and further information
July 11, 2021
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!