The Catholic St. Andrew's Church was initially called Marienkirche in 1475 and in 1801 the Banz monk Johann Baptist Roppel speaks of the “Church ad B. Virg. Mariam ”. On the other hand, the Andreas patronage can be proven since 1665, which finally prevailed. The church of Wiesen accommodates the church patron twice: on the outer wall of the nave there is a figure from the first half of the 17th century. The high altar from 1690 is an eye-catcher. Above the altarpiece of the Visitation of the Virgin Mary, the saint appears again as if in an archway.
April 23, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!