This "Neckar loop" lies between Hessigheim and Mundelsheim in the Ludwigsburg district, Baden-Württemberg.- in the immediate vicinity is the nature reserve »rock gardens«
- More information: 3b-tourismus.de/de/downloads/downloads-pdfs/freizeit-und-wandkarte/02-Felsengarten-Tour.pdf- In 2016, Hessigheim was named the "most beautiful wine view in Württemberg" (deutscheweine.de/presse/pressemmeldung/details/news/detail/News/schoenste-weinsichten-2016-haben-fest/)
- popular photo motifExcursus on the "Neckar":
- Name is of Celtic origin, meaning "violent, evil, fast flow"
- tributary of the Rhine
- 362 km in length
- Source / origin near Villingen-Schwenningen at 705 m above sea level. NN
- flows almost exclusively through Baden-Württemberg
- its three largest tributaries are the Enz, the Kocher and the Jagst
- 27 barrages for the purpose of large shipping lanes (federal waterway), etc. Plochingen (wsa-neckar.wsv.de/Webs/WSA/Neckar/DE/Wasserstrassen/02_BauwerkeAnlagen/bauwerkeanlagen_node.html)
- - Loading and unloading can be carried out at four ports: in Mannheim, Heilbronn, Stuttgart and Plochingen
September 27, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!