About Jens Steckel
Radele viel und weit, erkunde neue Reviere, kombiniere schon bekannte Abschnitte zu neuen Touren. Unterwegs mit einem Riese & Müller Superdelite, einem Pedelec mit Motorunterstützung bis 25 km/h. Fahre sportlich, also mit ähnlicher Nutzerleistung wie auf dem Biobike, aber weiter, komfortabler (weil gefedert und dicke Reifen), über variable Untergründe von Asphalt, Pflaster bis leichtes Gelände.
Das Pedelec ist außerdem ein Auto-Ersatz. Ich nutze es für die meisten Wege in meiner Heimatstadt Berlin und Umgebung oder nehme es per Zug an andere Orte mit.
Die jährliche Fahrstrecke beträgt zwischen 16.000 km und 23.000 km.
- Jens Steckel
Great heat announced, so we set off early and chose a route through cool mixed and deciduous forests to several bathing areas, far away from motorized traffic, which was essentially successful. Only the passage through Berlin including the suburbs was sweaty and less beautiful.
4 days ago
- Jens Steckel
That wasn't my day today:
- Truck drivers turning left on the opposite side of the road, who could only be prevented from riveting me by shouting loudly,
- an approx. 80-year-old car driver who overtakes me outside of town at 80 km / h with oncoming traffic at a distance of 10 cm. She probably didn't notice me at all or just stuck on it petrified, unable to brake,
- a delivery truck driver who didn't like that I was driving on the lane even though there was a lousy bike path next to it that was not compulsory to use, continuous honking and short overtaking, accelerating to 80 km / h (in town), only to brake fully again (skidding all released adrenaline and testosterone in the passenger compartment so unhappy forward that the windshield fogged up),
- Several car drivers turning right, whose neck joint had been medically stiffened and who could therefore no longer look over the shoulder. As an alternative, they also did without looking in the side mirror in order not to be distracted by such trivialities as cyclists on parallel bike paths.
- a Komoot route over the entire Weserstraße in Neukölln, a residential street with cobblestones and side bike paths, built in 1970, 80 cm wide, completely broken, overgrown, parked, construction site facilities, scaffolding, benches, garbage cans on it.Oh yes, between Rahnsdorf and Köpenick it was nice and quiet and green ...
June 16, 2021
- Jens Steckel
Today's tour led to nature reserves away from the signposted cycle routes:
- Nature reserve Küstrinchen near Lychen, a wetland and mixed forest around the Küstriner Bach, which meanders through the forest with a sometimes remarkable current - very nice,
- Nature reserve Krüselinsee and Mechowseen with the beautiful west bank of the Weutschsee and the east bank of the Krüselinsee,
- the east bank of the Dreetzsee near Carwitz,
- the nature reserve Hullerbusch and Schmaler Luzin near Feldberg, here the riverside path on the west bank of the Schmaler Luzin south of Feldberg,
- the beech forests in the Feldberger Hütte nature reserve,
- the Brüsenwalde nature reserve south of Thomsdorf,
- the nature reserve Tiergarten Boitzenburg and Strom, a mixed oak and beech forest with many very old, very large trees,
- the nature reserve Eulenberg west of the Oberuckersee with beautiful views over the terminal moraines and lake landscape.For an impression of the beautiful landscapes look at the photos.To the traffic facilities:
- Lychen - Küstrinchen: mostly narrow, sometimes muddy hiking trail, roots.
- Riverside path at the Weutschsee: path, partly only 20 cm wide, nettles left and right, later wider, roots, stones, unpaved.
- Riverside path at the Krüselinsee, Dreetzsee and Schmaler Luzin: hiking path, roots, sand, stones, two stairs at the end.
- Path in the NSG Feldberger Hütte west of Breiten Luzin: path with gravel, partly cobblestone, later asphalt
- Path south of Carwitz initially narrow and stony around the campsite, later a dirt road, partly loose sand.
- Path in Boitzenburg Zoo: hiking path
- Altkünkendorf - Neugrimnitz: side street with poor asphalt patches / cobblestone surface, very uneven.
- Neugrimnitz - B198: gravel road
All sections not mentioned are mainly back roads with little traffic, cycle roads, cycle paths.
June 14, 2021
- Jens Steckel
Today's tour was based on the ideas
- to get to know the regional train line 73, which runs between Neustadt (Dosse) and Pritzwalk, with a very small rail bus with only 3 - 4 journeys per day and direction.
- to cycle through the area between Pritzwalk via Blumenthal, Herzsprung, Rägelin, which I didn't know yet,
- to drive in the beautiful old beech and mixed forests from Boltenmühle on Tornowsee and then close to the Rhin and its marshland to Lindow on narrow hiking and forest trails
- to visit the beautiful edge of the forest, mixed forest, Großer Lankesee and the Moddersee nature reserve west of Liebenberg and
- Finally, to get to the outskirts of Berlin on quiet side streets or bike paths.
(I book the further trip through Berlin under quick and dirty ...)Everything went as planned. For the impressions of the landscape, take a look at the photos.Roughly about the traffic facilities:
- From Pritzwalk to Fretzdorf, longer sections of uneven roads, partly loose sand, otherwise side streets with little traffic
- Fretzdorf - Rossow - Boltenmühle: First driveway 2 concrete strips - good. Later side road little traffic, very uneven asphalt at Boltenmühle.
- Boltenmühle - junction 74: initially a well passable hiking trail on the Tornowsee, later almost overgrown hiking trail, roots, loose sand, fallen trees (one of which was very large, so inconvenient that I had to bypass it using other paths).
- Junction 74 - Lindow: side street little traffic or bike path - good
- Lindow - Löwenberg: side streets little traffic
- Loewenberg through the town, on or on the main road with a lot of traffic - bad.
- Neulöwenberg - Liebenberg: renovated bike path, asphalt - very good.
- Liebenberg exit a few hundred meters on the federal road without bicycle traffic facilities - bad
- then back roads little traffic good until L213
- L213 - Malz - Oranienburg: mostly cycle path, occasionally broken roots.Note: Due to the rather long sections with loose sand, overgrown forest trails, roots, uneven, holey forest trails, the tour is only suitable for wide tires, preferably MTB and suspension.
June 13, 2021
- Stefan 🏳️🌈
The ADFC Tempelhof and the bicycle-friendly Tempelhof-Schöneberg network today held a demonstration to draw attention to the poor connection to Marienfelde. If you want to go from Marienfelde into the city, you have to drive along busy federal highways. There are no bike paths or broken ruins on long stretches there. And three years after the Mobility Act came into force, nothing has changed in that regard. Rather, neither the Senate nor the districts fulfill their tasks. Lengthy coordination, internal administrative conflicts and a lack of staff paralyze the turnaround in traffic. This can not continue like that. And that's why we took to the streets.
June 11, 2021
- Jens Steckel
Today's tour led
- in the eastern part of the Müritz National Park near Carpin,
- around the Tollensesee,
- in the western part of the Müritz National Park near Granzin,
- in the terminal moraine landscape with many lakes and hills between Wesenberg and Fürstenberg.A great, varied area, really worth a bike tour again and again - see photos.Today I especially liked the sections
- between Wokuhl and Carpin (moors, lakes, beech and mixed forests)
- the ravine south of Usadel,
- the east bank of Lake Tollensee, beautiful riverside path, partly very old beech and mixed forests,
- the north-west bank of Lake Tollensee, also a beautiful riverside path,
- the varied side street from Ankershagen to Babke,
- the cycle path on the Trünnen and Buchsee lakes near Wustrow.Rough assessment of the traffic facilities:
- Fürstenberg - Blankensee - Neuhof: mostly back streets with little traffic, partly bicycle streets. Due to the closure of Dabelower Straße north of Dabelow to Comthurey on a narrow hiking trail (marked as a cycle path in Opencyclemap), although the landscape is beautiful, but partly muddy.
- Neuhof - Usadel: narrow hiking trail (ravine),
- Usadel - Neubrandenburg: bike path, concrete blocks, asphalt or water-bound pavement, short sections of side streets
- Neubrandenburg - Alt Rehse: Fahrradstraße water-bound ceiling, short cobblestone with sand path, later longer bumpy GDR concrete slabs,
- Alt Rehse - Penzlin - Ankershagen: side streets with moderate to little traffic,
- Ankershagen - Babke: narrow side street with little traffic
- Babke - Zwenzow: side street little traffic
- near Zwenzow: side bike path
- Zwenzow - Wesenberg - Drosedow - Neu Canow: side street with little traffic
- Neu Canow - Wustrow: bike path or hiking path water-bound ceiling,
- Wustrow - Fürstenberg: side street with little traffic.
June 8, 2021
- Jens Steckel
ADFC rally, entry point Frohnau, via Wannsee, A115, Kaiserdamm to the Brandenburg Gate, including arrival and departure from and to Tempelhof.Under the motto "The future begins today - traffic turnaround now!", We demand from politics and administration to finally tackle the traffic turnaround!Information here: adfc-berlin.de/aktiv-haben/bei-demonstrationen/sternfahrt/987-adfc-sternfahrt-am-sonntag-6-juni-2021.html
June 6, 2021