Frischluftjunkie mit "Dauer-Draußen-Drang"Du wirst nicht besser, wenn Du daheim bleibst. Wenn Du schneller werden willst, musst Du dahin gehen, wo die schnellen Mädels/Jungs unterwegs sind
- tough number ...
I already ran out of corridors on the first short, poisonous climb at the end of Lauf. It was then clear to me that it would take some overcoming today ...
- where are you actually going? Hm, from Lauf there is the beautiful section over Kirchschletten and Oberoberndorf. Here, too, it felt like I was barely able to move
- In the glorious sunshine, the next section can only lead over Roschlaub, Pausdorf and Doschendorf:
great views towards the Sassendorfer wind turbine (see picture), to Altenburg and of course to Giechburg and Gügel. I just like the track
- hm, I don't want to go to BA. Almost all that remains is Wattendorf ...
So high, through Roßdach past the juniper slopes and rock formations. And the sun shone so beautifully on the autumn leaves. Here I was fully in the element, suddenly my legs were there ...
unfortunately there was no time for pictures. Had overtaken a colleague on the climb, so looking back or stopping was not possible ;-)
- in Kümmersreuth then at high speed on the descent to Kaider, End and Schwabthal
- As soon as you feel to some extent, you think you have to drive the next ascent ... when I was in Uetzing I had nothing else to do ... up to the parking lot in the direction of Oberlangheim
- well, now I'm going to drive even further up to Lahm
- this time decided for the descent to Mönchkröttendorf. Very cold here in the forest ...
- just before LIF 800 HM on the clock and the legs were tired
- 14-Heiligen and Banz therefore only admired from the valley, beautiful past the Reundorf lakes to STE
- to then start the way home on familiar paths ...
4 days ago
Fuentes, here is a suggestion for the extension of your tour "Sassanfahrt-Stiebarlimbach-Saltendorf" over the pond area. That would probably be about 50 km and relatively few vertical meters more than on your lap, and you can do this without any problems in the next season.
4 days ago
- arch schö wors!
If you have the chance, take a corner. Everyone should get their money's worth here. Wonderful nature, sights and zero disruptive traffic
- The Heldburg and the two equal mountains were always present and, in connection with the Bayern tower in Zimmerau, were always used for orientation
- First we went over the beautiful Seßlach to the no less beautiful Ummerstadt, following the castle path to Heldburg
- Continue through the fields on top bike paths via Völkershausen, Seidingstadt to Streufdorf. The Straufhain ruins on the right, the two equal mountains right in front of your nose. Great!
- right before Gleichamberg, once around and through the two Gleichberge. In my opinion, a special highlight is the crossing from Zeilberg to Römhild, Zucker!
- between the two places is Waldhaus, an exciting little place. There is a stone castle museum and also a hotel called Waldhaus (formerly Celtic hotel)
- yes, I also like Römhild very much, nice market square and there is a castle on top of that
- Crossed the former border for the umpteenth time before Trappstadt (Rhön-Grabfeld). Then up into the Altenburg nature reserve. No, there is no castle here, but great views. After the storm, however, the narrow paths were quite tricky: wet, a lot of leaves, a lot of branches ...
- Gompertshausen is then again in the HBN district, the many border monuments suggest this
- Via Schweickershausen and Ermershausen we went back home
5 days ago
- I haven't been to the corner around the Kreuzberg near Stiebarlimbach for a long time ...
- and once a year Förtschwind is a must! The last time I was here in November 2020, I checked ...
- the attentive reader knows that I don't particularly like city traffic. So drive around Bamberg via Seehof Castle and the Franconian Tuscany
- via Sassanfahrt we went to Rothensand, Schnaid, Stiebarlimbach, hello LKR FO!
- Short pleasure, before Greuth the LKR HÖS begins
- Förtschwind, recognized immediately. Through the ponds after Lauf, nice! Next time I'll come by a little earlier in the year when the ponds have a little more water ...
- Key point water: along the Aisch to Aisch, then a beautiful, lonely path to Kieferndorf. Orientate briefly, no problem with the A3 in sight ...
- Saltersdorf, from here again and again beautiful sections past the many fish ponds and through various forest areas
- Jungehofen, once under the B505, welcome to Schlüsselau. Short stop above the village at the beautiful rest area
- via Röbersdorf, Erlau, Pettstadt then through the city
- Bamberg is okay, although of course all the cycle paths here are well filled. But in Hallstadt I was briefly desperate again. The ring says it all, I'll spare myself further comments ;-)Conclusion: nice round to crank, no difficult climbs. And I would stop by here much more often if it weren't for my dilemma mentioned above ...
October 20, 2021
- Sunday noon = dumpling time = free streets!
- but it wasn't heartwarming, quite shady. I'm migrating to Watopia ...
- I also do the lap quite often, everything so far recommendable
- The views above Trunstadt in the Bamberger Land, including the thick fog banks, are also great
- From Oberhaid on I honestly couldn't think of anything spectacular, took the way home and couldn't motivate myself to do an additional loop ...
October 17, 2021
- less is more?! You're welcome:
- nothing was up with the Franconian Forest. Tough fog until 1.30 p.m. that you couldn't see your hand in front of your eyes ...
- then just plan B: an Obermain classic with Banz and 14 saints, Lahm and Rothmannsthal, I can drive every day ...
October 16, 2021
- spontaneous quickie at the start of the weekend
- once again cranked up to Hohengüßbach and Leimershof
- hm, what now? There shouldn't be too many climbs today, not even city traffic. There isn't much left, so first via Memmelsdorf, Gundelsheim and Dörfleins to Ohio
- Lautergrund always works! And that's the direction I rarely go anyway. So through the beautiful forest past Sandhof to Appendorf, it was cold and dark here ...
- once again zero traffic in Lautergrund, that's how it should be
- In Rudendorf turned towards Priegendorf, always a nice section
- after the last hill up to Ottneuses spontaneously decided to extend over Losbergsgereuth. It was worth it because 2 sunbeams showed themselves here and thus gave great views of and into the Haßberge
October 15, 2021
- I wasn't in the mood for a short, boring, flat tour
- So headed for the hills that are right outside the front door and which I drive most often
- the Hambach serpentines somehow fell into oblivion during the journey. But if she hadn't made it because of lack of time, it was too slow ...
- otherwise I should have driven everything at least once from one side, starting with ...
- Kurzewind (with extension book)
- and last but not least the little hill to Ottneuses
October 13, 2021
- High pressure weather = beautiful prospects!
- where can you find many of them? In Wildenberg!
And who knows if I can do it again this year. So go ahead, I know the way by now, planning superfluous
- huge anticipation already on the way! I usually only have it when it goes towards Escherndorf
- around the villages on Staffelberg there was a folk festival again, sheet metal avalanches as far as the eye can see, all the hiking parking lots overcrowded ...
- Weisbrem, Gößmitz, Serkendorf, more like my world, everything quiet
- up to Lahm, the first beautiful views especially before Köttel. Left away, rapidly down to Altendorf, on to Weismain
- from Mainroth the moderate ascent to Gartenroth, top asphalt, nothing going on here either. Great, lonely landscape, more wonderful views
- In Gartenroth, the last town before the wind turbines, I have to think about where the steep ascent begins ...
- 3G: found, done, happy! (but also finished ...)
- surprised that the gravel passage is so long !? I remembered much shorter ...
- After I finally had asphalt under my wheels again, I was in Wildenberg. Great place above the village, you can endure it here! With coffee and cake I would probably have had a good time in the sun and had someone pick me up ...
- it's a shame that the details in the pictures don't really come across. The prospects are great. On the descent to Eichenbühl I imagined that you could even recognize 14 saints and the Vitusberg
- Speaking of departure (s): these actually didn't exist. Pitch dark in the forest, very steep, a lot of leaves, branches. It was more of a stress test for the brakes. I prefer to go the other way next time. Also applies down to Au. All the same
- in Küps I always manage to take the wrong turn to Hummenberg ...
- the signs before and after Redwitz could also be improved, no one can see through. I even drove a short distance on the federal highway
- in Marktgraitz I remembered the beautiful chapel on the Spitzberg above Marktzeuln. Exhausting, but again beautiful distant views back towards Kronach
- then along the Main to LIF, Banz and 14 saints briefly greeted and then nothing like ham ...
October 10, 2021
- the yellow favorite star gave everything again today, so there is a bigger round
- I've been wanting to go to Sixtenberg for a long time anyway, the 3-Frangn-Stein is practically on the way.
And the geographical center of Frangn is supposed to be in Ochsenchenkel. So on ...
- until Ilmenau it was a picture book Steigerwald tour, one section more beautiful than the other, really great!
- In Füttersee, a heavily laden agricultural team completely overlooked me. If I hadn't expected that my colleague wouldn't notice me, I probably wouldn't be able to write these lines anymore ...
- Overcome paralysis, and there it was, the A3 and the following climb up to Sixtenberg! Nice views including, I like it! The following section to the 3-Frangn-Stein through the forest was so pitch black that I could hardly see anything. Jet through quickly ...
- Short stop at the 3-Frangn-Stein. Nice place and lots of information about the 3 administrative districts. You should take a look!
- Via Freihaslach to the Hempel-City Burghaslach, small village tour
- on to Ochsenchenkel, the navel of the world. Or at least the frangn. Hmm, you could put a note like that in the village. Or did I not look closely again?
- From Frickenhöchstadt we went to Warmersdorf, very cool. I really like that narrow, narrow streets without traffic, but with curves, climbs and descents!
- and there they were again, my W-villages: Warmersdorf, Weingartsgreuth, Wachenroth, later still Wind, so the place ...
- Shortly before Weingartsgreuth it was closed due to construction and (big game) hunting. Didn't want to admit it at first, but when I saw all the cars of the hunters, I felt a little queasy ...
- so, first crossed the A3 again. Now for the first time I noticed the wind in a really disturbing way
- what else was there? After the drudgery, I was looking forward to a short stop at Pommersfelden Castle. It then failed, access is closed until mid-November due to a "major project"
- further, past the wind, how (un) appropriate. Change of direction in Herrnsdorf, no headwind, hallelujah
- The rest of the journey home was quite unspectacular. However, I drove the beautiful section to Viereth through the construction site in Tütschengereuth. Did they actually put 3 huge concrete rings in the street so that no car could get through. I haven't seen either ... by the way, great view here at the end of the village, unfortunately you can neither see Schlappenreuth nor the Giechburg in the picture ...
October 9, 2021