The hut, built in 1880 by the Taunus Club Oberursel, is named after Fritz Emminghaus from Usingen. The newspaper editor and the founder of the Taunus Club, the publisher August Ravenstein, campaigned for the construction of a Feldberg house with a lookout tower. He is also considered to be the father of the Feldberg Festival, which was held for the first time on June 23, 1844 and has continued into the current century.
November 1, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.