Bike Touring Highlight
The Gutspark Groß Glienicke is a landscape park originally belonging to the manor Groß Glienicke at the northern end of the Groß Glienicker See. He was probably created 1847/48 as Gutspark of the mansion. This burned down in 1945. Since December 10, 2004, the Gutspark, together with the Potsdam Gate, the walls, wells and the grave of the family Wollank is a listed building.
The Gutspark remained intact in its original form until the post-war period. Due to the demarcation and installation of the death strip after 1961, the park was divided into two parts and partially destroyed. On the West Berlin side a permanent camping site was created, while the trees in the western area of the GDR remained untouched within the exclusion zone for decades. Today, a section of the wall on the banks of the Great Glienicker Lake reminds of the division.
September 19, 2017
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!