Bike Touring Highlight
Selbold was in possession of the Counts of Isenburg since 1462, including a Premonstratensian Abbey on the Klosterberg, which existed until 1543. For two centuries, instead of the former canon monastery - and partly from the stones of the demolished monastery - the Isenburgers built a strictly symmetrical castle complex with park. For the master builder of the castle and the neighboring Protestant church they chose the Hanauer Christian Hermann. The north side of the complex is made up of two two-storey buildings with mansard roofs: The western building, built in 1722, is the oldest of the complex and now houses the town hall of Langenselbold, in the east, the former stately residential building, built in 1749, including the city library. In the southwestern part of the complex is a former servants' house today the restaurant "Dragonerbau" with inviting beer garden.
April 22, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!