The shepherd's gate probably dates from 1588. It is an L-shaped building with a ground floor made of quarry stone masonry and an upper floor made of half-timbered. Two gateways lead through its two legs, which meet at right angles, one in Obere Hauptstrasse and the other in Plangasse.In 1984 the building was extensively renovated and equipped with sanitary facilities on the ground floor and a large room and kitchen on the upper floor. It has been available to the Thüngersheim carnival club, which leased it, since 1982.Source: thuengersheim.de/de/freizeit-tourismus/sehenswuerdheiten/die-verbliebenen-tore
August 4, 2021
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!