Bike Touring Highlight
Her first mention was the source as Geffenbrunnen 1600. In the field maps it is referred to as Grefenbrunnen. Today's name is common since about 1800. In the Middle Ages, the spring supplied the castle peers with fresh water. It was transported over a distance of about 2000 m and at a height difference of 110 m of donkeys in water containers, presumably made of leather (Wikipedia).
January 11, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!