Road Cycling Highlight
- The Old Town Hall 🚴♂️
which is located in the middle of the road, was built in 1717 and inaugurated by Mayor Johan Bastian Bauer. The town hall has been listed since 1905; it is two-storey, with a large storage under the crippled roof. The basement is made of solid rubble with sandstone Eckquaderung. The upper floor was built in half-timbered construction. In the basement there is a passage in north-south direction. Until 1973, the traffic was still guided by the town hall and then built only a bypass of the town hall. From 1974, the Museum of Folklore Hessen was in the rooms of the Town Hall, from 1984 to about 1999 there was the Toy Museum, a department of the Museum Otzberg, furnished. Since 2009, it is home to the Museum of Odenwald Folk Culture, which is also run by Gerd J. Grein.- customs house 🚴♂️
In the immediate vicinity of the Old Town Hall is the former baroque customs house of 1707 (cellar from 1521) with a striking bay-like porch, which is now privately owned. Here, customs duties were levied if goods and other goods were imported from neighboring Bavaria.de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lengfeld_(Odenwald)
November 18, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.