Road Cycling Highlight
- The late Baroque Protestant parish church was built in 1769 in sandstone exposed masonry and plastered only in 1969 on the occasion of a major renovation. The rectangular hall with bevelled corners and Lisenengliederung is preceded on its southeastern narrow side by a square tower, which merges upward in a geschiefertes octagon and carries as conclusion a hood lantern. In the tower is the church portal with two lions holding the Hanau coat of arms. The transverse interior has a curved three-sided gallery and opposite on the southwestern side of the altar with a pulpit arranged above it with organ structure from 1827- The building named "Rector Geissler House" is Dudenhofen's first schoolhouse built in 1818, at that time with a teacher's apartment and a mayor's room. The half-timbered building with a flat hipped roof and through the school hall unusually high ground floor is free in front of the Protestant parish church. South and west wall are covered with slate. Until 1908 the house was used as a school house, after vacancy and local library since 2002 as registry office.de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_der_Kulturdenkmäler_in_Rodgau
October 16, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!