Road Cycling Highlight
After the death of Friedrich III. In 1888 the Taunusbote called for the erection of a monument for him. It was proposed to erect this monument in front of the castle. Crown Prince Frederick William had earned merit for the city, since in 1878 he raised the castle to a summer residence.
The city summed up the Upper and Lower Promenade in 1889 and renamed it Kaiser-Friedrich-Promenade. At the same time a call for donations to the population was made to finance a monument. Well-known artists were asked for designs and in June 1890, the Berlin sculptor Joseph Uphues was commissioned with the realization of the winning design. Victoria Empress Friedrich visited the same design in the same month and was satisfied. The inauguration took place on May 22, 1892 in the presence of Victoria Empress Friedrich but in a small scale. 🚴♂️🚴♂️de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schmuckplatz_(Bad_Homburg)
September 19, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!