The castle Pöring and the associated chapel were devastated during the Thirty Years' War and then re-equipped. In 1731, before the Marian figure, who had come from the lost village of Pössing, there was a medical cure, which led to the emergence of the Pöringer pilgrimage. During this time, for the first time, the name "Our dear Facing Mary of Reconciliation" was mentioned.
In 1739, the construction of a new, the old replacing chapel started, which is attributed to Dominikus Zimmermann due to its interior and exterior features. He also painted the ceiling above the nave. Votive tablets on the back wall confirm the lively pilgrimage and also give an idea of the appearance of the earlier chapel.
A beautiful little chapel that invites to a short "break".
August 15, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!