After the founding of the Jesuit College in 1561, it was not until 1619 that construction of a monastery church was begun, the shell of which collapsed in 1626. This was followed in 1627 - 1640 by a new building to plans by Christoph Gumpp, the towers were completed in 1900/01. In the crypt are the graves of the ecclesiastical couple Archduke Leopold V. and Claudia de 'Medici.Source: Information board
August 10, 2018
Since 1575, the body of St. Pirminius has been here, who also became a patron saint of the city. He is originally from the Palatine Hornbach Abbey, whose last abbot, Anton von Salm, the relics in 1558 because of the successful abolition of the monastery saved Speyer. From there she spent in 1575 the former President of the Imperial Chamber Court of Speyer and now Governor of Tyrol - Count Schweikhard von Helfenstein - to Innsbruck, where they are today in a 1954 created by Rudolf Millonig shrine in the Jesuit Church.(Https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesuitenkirche_(Innsbruck))
July 25, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.